Lifestyle Insurance Consultants Limited (FSP730771, trading as Lifestyleinsure) holds a licence issued by the Financial Markets Authority to provide financial advice.
Nature and Scope of our Advice Services
- Personal Risk Management – Health Insurance, Income Protection, Mortgage Protection, Life Insurance, Trauma / Critical Illness Cover and Permanent Disability Cover.
- Business Risk Management – Key Person Cover, Locum Cover, Business Expenses Cover, Debt Income Cover, Shareholder / Partnership Protection and Succession Planning.
- Group Health insurance and Life Insurance
- ACC Cover Advice
I only give advice in the particular subject / product areas set out above. Where the client requires advice beyond my fields of accreditation, I will refer to other leading industry accredited specialists who can provide such advice.
Product providers we might recommend
AIA, Asteron Life, Accuro, AMP, Cigna, Fidelity Life, nib, Parternslife, Southern cross Health and Southern cross Travel insurance.
Fees and Expenses
The actual fee charged to you will depend on the nature and scope of the advice or service we provide. We will discuss and agree the actual fees with you before we proceed and explain how they are payable.
The following section outlines the types of fees that may apply:
We don’t change our clients fees, expenses or anything else directly for the personal or business risk advice we provide.
The fees charged for our advice and services on ACC Cover may be based on an hourly rate of $120 plus GST. This fee will be payable by the client by the 20th of the month following when the invoice is provided to the client.
We may charge a fee for the financial advice provided to a client where a client cancels a life or health insurance policy within two years of inception. Whether a fee will be charged and the manner in which it will be charged will be advised when the advice is provided to the client. This fee will be payable by the client by the 20th of the month after the policy is cancelled.
Commissions and Incentives
For services in relation to insurance products, commissions may be paid by the product provider as follows:
Initial commission – a percentage of the value of your insurance premiums; and
Ongoing commission – a percentage of the value of your insurance premiums, usually calculated at the end of each month on renewal of insurance products.
Conflicts of Interest
For life insurance and health insurance, Lifestyle Insurance Consultants Ltd and the financial adviser receive commissions from the insurance companies on whose policies we give advice. If you decide to take out insurance, the insurer will pay a commission to Lifestyle Insurance Consultants Ltd and your financial adviser. The amount of the commission is based on the amount of the premium.
To ensure that our financial advisers prioritise our clients’ interests above their own, we follow an advice process that ensures our recommendations are made on the basis of each client’s goals and circumstances. All our financial advisers undergo annual training about how to manage conflicts of interest. We undertake a compliance audit. A review of our compliance program is undertaken annually by a reputable compliance adviser.
Lifestyle Insurance Consultants Ltd, and anyone who gives financial advice on our behalf, have duties under the Financial Markets Conduct Act 2013 relating to the way that we give advice.
We are required to:
- give priority to your interests by taking all reasonable steps to make sure our advice isn’t materially influenced by our own interests
- exercise care, diligence, and skill in providing you with advice
- meet standards of competence, knowledge and skill set by the Code of Professional Conduct for Financial Advice Services (these are designed to make sure that we have the expertise needed to provide you with advice
- meet standards of ethical behaviour, conduct and client care set by the Code of Professional Conduct for Financial Advice Services (these are designed to make sure we treat you as we should, and give you suitable advice)
This is only a summary of the duties that we have. More information is available by contacting us, or by visiting the Financial Markets Authority website at https://www.fma.govt.nz .
If you are not satisfied with our financial advice service you can make a complaint by emailing email@example.com, or by calling: 0800 585 898. You can also write to us at: P O Box 35809, Browns Bay, Auckland 0753
When we receive a complaint, we will consider it following our internal complaints process:
- We will consider your complaint and let you know how we intend to resolve it. We may need to contact you to get further information about your complaint.
- We aim to resolve complaints within 10 working days of receiving them. If we can’t, we will contact you within that time to let you know we need more time to consider your complaint.
- We will contact you by phone or email to let you know whether we can resolve your complaint and how we propose to do so.
If we can’t resolve your complaint, or you aren’t satisfied with the way we propose to do so, you can contact Financial Dispute Resolution Service (https://fdrs.org.nz). Financial Dispute Resolution Service provides a free, independent dispute resolution service that may help investigate or resolve your complaint, if we haven’t been able to resolve your complaint to your satisfaction.
Written copy of this information available on request
A written copy of the disclosure information contained on this page is available on request (free of charge)